Planning and Advising
IOE Undergrad Program
Course requirements for an IOE BSE degree are displayed in the Undergrad Student Guide (download the IOE Undergrad Student Guide). For help planning and scheduling your courses, please schedule an appointment with Leonora Lucaj, advisor for the IOE undergraduate program.
Virtual drop-ins are available through this link: https://officehours.it.umich
In person, scheduled appointments with an advisor or peer advisor can be made at this link: https://myadvising.lsa.umich.edu/appointments/offices/IOE
The following are suggestions you should consider when registering for courses. Peer advisors are available on a walk-in basis in the fall and winter terms for additional advice. This schedule is posted below this section and on the door of 1752 IOE.
- IOE 265 can be taken concurrently with IOE 333.
- Always plan ahead because some IOE 400-level courses are only offered once each year.
- ACC 471 – Accounting Principles, FIN 302 – Making Financial Decisions, MKT 302 – Marketing Management are popular non-IOE technical electives.
- Choose HU/SS and Intellectual Breadth courses carefully as they may be prerequisites for technical electives that you are interested in taking in the future.
- Math 214 – Linear Algebra is required.
- Unofficial transcripts can be viewed and official transcripts can be ordered free of charge through Wolverine Access. The Office of the Registrar is located in B430 LL Pierpont Commons.
IOE Undergraduate Program Ambassadors
Connect with a student ambassador for an unscripted take on life as an IOE undergraduate student.
Tuesdays – 1:00-2:00pm