Career pathways and internships
Industrial and operations engineers analyze data to design better systems and build solutions for humans, machines and processes. Our graduates are in high demand and making a positive impact across the globe in business, energy, finance, healthcare, manufacturing, robotics, aerospace, transportation and more.
|U-M Bachelor’s average salary|
|U-M Master’s average salary|
U-M IOE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT
- 98% of U-M IOE students achieved their desired career outcome within six months of graduation.
- 95% of U-M IOE students participated in an internship, co-op, or both.
- About 50% of U-M IOE students received multiple job offers.
- The top three reasons U-M IOE students choose their new employer are:
- Opportunity for personal growth
- Good employee benefits
- Friendly co-workers
- Top five industries that our graduates go into:
- 1. Consulting
- 2. Financials
- 3. Automobiles and parts
- 4. Personal and household goods
- 5. Software and computer services
Check out the Engineering Career Resource Center (ECRC) for upcoming career fairs and workshops to help with your internship and job search.