portrait of Oleg Gusikhin

Oleg Gusikhin awarded as an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Fellow

Dr. Gusikhin was recognized for his contributions to the applications of cyber-physical systems in automotive engineering and connected vehicles.

portrait of Oleg Gusikhin

Oleg Gusikhin, an Industrial and Operations Engineering (IOE) lecturer at the University of Michigan (U-M), has been awarded the title of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Fellow. Dr. Gusikhin was recognized for his contributions to the applications of cyber-physical systems in automotive engineering and connected vehicles.

IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Less than 0.1% of voting members are selected annually as a Fellow of IEEE, making this a prestigious honor. 

“I am extremely honored to be named as an IEEE Fellow, and I extend my deep gratitude to my talented colleagues who supported me in my professional journey,” said Gusikhin. “I look forward to furthering innovation and technical excellence in practice and sharing my experience with the new generation of engineers.”

In addition to lecturing at U-M IOE, Dr. Gusikhin has been working at Ford Motor Company for over 20 years and currently, he is a Supply Chain Analytics Senior Manager. He has created numerous high-impact long-lasting applications for Ford manufacturing, supply chain, and connected vehicles, and holds over 100 patents.

He obtained his Master’s in Electrical Engineering from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, and his PhD in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science from the Russian Academy of Sciences. From 1993 to 1995 he was a U-M postdoc working on the production scheduling problems at Ford Motor Company. Later he also gained an MBA from the U-M Ross School of Business. 

Oleg Gusikhin is also a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) in which he became a Fellow in 2020. He is a recipient of three Henry Ford Technology Awards in the Manufacturing, Research, and Product Development categories and the 2014 INFORMS Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in the Practice of Advanced Analytics and Operations Research.