University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MSE 2015
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, BSE 2014
- human factors
- product safety
Mr. Frantz is a Certified Human Factors Professional who specializes in human factors/ergonomics, warnings, and product, occupational, and premise safety. He holds a B.S.E. and M.S.E. from the University of Michigan in Industrial and Operations Engineering and continuing product safety training through St. Louis University.
Mr. Frantz has extensive experience developing and evaluating warnings and safety symbols for a wide variety of consumer and commercial products. He has been involved in the development of national standards for product warnings and is a member of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z535.4 Subcommittee on Product Safety Signs and Labels and Z535.7 Subcommittee on Product Safety Information in Electronic Media.
- Certified Human Factors Professional (CHFP),
- HFES Member
- ICPHSO Member
- Emergency Department Visits From 2014 to 2018 for Head Injuries in Youth Non-Tackle Football Compared With Other Sports. (2021). Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 9, issue 1.
- Warning Labels Referring to Electronic Information – Combination Safety Symbol, URL, and QR Code as Supplemental Directive. (2019). Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 63rd Annual Meeting, pp. 1802-1805.
- Slip Resistance Assessment of Common Shoe Sole Materials on Selected Floor Surfaces. (2018). Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, vol. 62, 1: pp. 435- 439.
- Tools for Symbol Development – Safety Symbol Response Taxonomy and Graphic Compatibility Verification. (2017). Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, vol. 61, 1: pp. 489-493.