Graduate ProgramsQuestions about IOE programs and advising may be directed to:
The IOE Department Offers Masters and PhD degrees
The Masters degree requires 30 credit hours and is intended for the student with a technical undergraduate degree who:
- Does not already have an MS degree in Industrial Engineering or a similar area.
- Wish to take advanced courses in one or more IOE areas for professional reasons.
- May be considering a PhD and wish to take advanced courses and conduct supervised research. Please note that students who are admitted to the MS program must reapply if they wish to be considered for the PhD.
With a few exceptions, financial aid is not available through the department or university for incoming Masters students.
Students with an engineering undergraduate degree will receive an MSE degree; others will receive an MS degree.
For further information, go to: http://ioe.engin.umich.edu/MS.php
The Ph.D degree requires 4 to 5 years with one to two years of intensive course work and two to three years of intensive research. The PhD is intended for students who wish to conduct, manage or interpret research in academic, industry or government settings. Please note:
- You may apply to the Ph.D degree directly from an undergraduate degree. You do not need to start with a Masters degree.
- Full Fellowship funding is standard for admitted students.
- With a few exceptions, all PhD students start in the Fall Term.
- Application deadline: December 15, 2015
For further information, go to:http://ioe.engin.umich.edu/PhD.php
Topic-Based Site-Wide Navigation
- IOE Graduate Information Directory
- Prospective Student Information
- Current Student Information
- Combined, Special Options and Interdisciplinary Programs
- EGL (Engineering Global Leadership)
- Healthcare Engineering and Patient Safety
- SUGS (Sequential Undergraduate Graduate Studies) For IOE's - [.pdf file]
- SUGS (Sequential Undergraduate Graduate Studies) For Non-IOE's - [.pdf file]
- Occupational Safety Engineering and Ergonomics Option
- Joint Master's Degree Program
- Dual Master's Degree Program
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program
- Dual MBA/MS(IOE) Degree Program
- Interdisciplinary program
- Registration Information
- Course Information
- External Resources
- Graduate Survival Kit
- May 2013 - Border Agents Ordered To Verify All International Student Visas
Read the article from the The Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange website here.
- IOE Graduate School Information Directory
We have created the IOE Graduate School Information Directory as a tool to help you find all the information possibly relevant to your personal circumstances. Please review the results - You may even discover information you were not aware applied to you.
- New University Resource - The Students with Children Website
This site is dedicated to the needs of students at U-M who juggle parenting/elder care, study, and work. Resources include child care, financial assistance, social support, housing, and health care information.
- IOE Ph.D. Recruitment Weekend
[By Invitation Only]
February 18 - 21st, 2016
- NEW! Jobs Seeking IOEs
- IOE Job Placement Links
- Engineering Career Resource Center
- College of Engineering ENGenius.Jobs website
- IOE Job Resource, Powered by AfterCollege
Audience-Based Site-Wide Navigation:back to top