B.S. in Computational and Applied Mathematics from Peking University, China
Global Optimization, Integer Optimization, Mixed Integer Nonlinear Optimization
Advisor: Jon Lee
Position Sought: Academia
Luze Xu is a Ph.D. student in Industrial and Operations Engineering, advised by Dr. Jon Lee. His research interests include global optimization, integer programming, mixed integer programming, and theories connecting continuous optimization and discrete optimization. He is working on investigating various relaxations of a mixed-integer nonlinear optimization formulation via volume comparison.
Awards & Service
Katta Murty Prize for Best Research Paper on Optimization 2018, 2020
1. Luze Xu, Marcia Fampa, Jon Lee, Gabriel Ponte. (2021). Approximate 1-norm minimization and minimum-rank structured sparsity for various generalized inverses via local search. SIAM Journal on Optimization, 31(3):1722-1747.
2. Marcia Fampa, Jon Lee, Gabriel Ponte, Luze Xu. (2021). Experimental analysis of local search for sparse reflexive generalized inverses. To appear in Journal of Global Optimization.
3. Luze Xu, Jon Lee, Daphne Skipper. (2019). More virtuous smoothing. SIAM Journal on Optimization, 29(2):1240–1259.
4. Jon Lee, Joseph Paat, Ingo Stallknecht, Luze Xu. (2021). Polynomial upper bounds on the number of differing columns Δ-modular integer programs. Under review.
5. Jon Lee, Daphne Skipper, Emily Speakman, Luze Xu. (2020). Gaining or losing perspective for piecewise-linear under-estimators of convex univariate functions. Extended version of CTW 2020. Under second-round review.
REFEREED PROCEEDINGS & REFEREED BOOK CHAPTERS
1. Jon Lee, Daphne Skipper, Emily Speakman, Luze Xu. (2021). Gaining or losing perspective for piecewise-linear under-estimators of convex univariate functions. In the Proceedings of 18th Cologne-Twente Workshop on Graphs and Combinatorial Optimization (CTW) 2020.
2. Jon Lee, Joseph Paat, Ingo Stallknecht, Luze Xu. (2020). Improving proximity bounds using sparsity. In the Proceedings of International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO) 2020.
3. Luze Xu, Jon Lee. (2020). On proximity for k-regular mixed-integer linear optimization. In the Proceedings of 6th World Congress on Global Optimization (WCGO) 2019.
4. Luze Xu, Marcia Fampa, Jon Lee. (2020). 1-norm minimization and minimum-rank structured sparsity for symmetric and ah-symmetric generalized inverses: rank one and two. Under second-round review.