- Quality and Applied Statistics
- Data analytics for smart and connected systems
- Transfer/multitask learning for monitoring, diagnosis and prognostics
- Simulation metamodeling
- Distributed analysis and data fusion
- Personalized system informatics
Raed Al Kontar is an Assistant Professor in the Industrial & Operations Engineering department at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He received his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering in 2018 and M.S in Statistics in 2017 from the University of Wisconsin Madison. He also received his B.S in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a minor in Mathematics from the American University of Beirut (AUB) in 2014. His research focuses on developing data analytics and decision-making methodologies specifically tailored for the Internet of Things (IoT) enabled smart and connected systems.